Pageviews last month

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

When Prayers Are Answered...

Four more years Mars,

     Yeeaaa! I'm woke now ladies. I was sleeping because as everyone else felt, this election was stressful. My co-worker and I agreed that we would just wait until the final results were in and opted out to watching the count.
     So my son, who has been watching the polls all evening, came into my room smiling said, "He won!" Being partially asleep, I couldn't even respond because before going to sleep, I said, "they ain't going to let this man win again." I realize now that was a coping mechanism, to possibly prepare me for loss.
     When I finally woke up and saw the results for myself, I had to thank God and repent. Because regardless of what I think or believe, at the end of the day, its God who has the last word and knows the ultimate outcome.
Thank Sis Kathy for this awesome pic
     So congratulations to our re-elect, President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden!!! I have a portion of the "live" thank you speech, because perhaps some of you were asleep. He didn't come on until 1:45am...


 
     Like President Obama, we Americans have work to do. Let's vow to be more proactive, look "forward" to helping others rather than ourselves. I will say it until somebody actually testifies to this, be a doer of the word not just a hearer;That's bible! Find something or some organization that helps your community and shows compassion to "the least of them" and get involved. If your church is not, then be the catapult to starting a new or revive that old ministry again. In the end, what matters most, is when we do for others we also do unto God, always keeping our minds on things eternal. This is a great outlet to win souls while getting closer through fellowship. Enough lip service, put your hands and bodies in motion.
 
In the end we win,
Jerri of Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment

The new blog for the week.