Pageviews last month

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Good day Mars,

     I thank God that we New Yorkers have survived the wrath that Sandy tried to smack us down with. However, there are some who weren't so blessed. So we continue to pray for those two little boys who were struck down by a falling tree and others who have also lost the lives of their dear loved ones...
     Below is a sentiment from one of our precious mothers who always supports Mars. Her name is Lillian, she's younger than me but she's my step mom :) but more importantly, a friend, down to earth sistah and very special mother.

From Lillian...

     I would like to say what the loss of my son has done to me. This Friday it will b 10 years since my oldest son was shot to death. This is the place that I would like to express my grief. Some days it feels like only yesterday my son was taken from me. We mothers have to take the time to always tell our children how much we love them and how much they mean to us. We must let them know that every life is important. We must also understand that taken a life affects the family=the friends=and the community. I lost my son for the man he had become and the man he could have been. No one has the right to take a life. Remember we single mother raising sons do all that we can to raise our sons with peace=grace=respect and most of all LOVE!
     Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to express my grief!

Thanks for sharing,
Jerri of Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment

The new blog for the week.