Good day Mars,
 
Our meditation for Friday, April 6, 2012
Jesus: Victorious over Death
Psalm 16:10 “Because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.” NIV
Matthew 28:2-7 “…The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay...” NIV
 
Read: Psalm 16:10, Psalm 49:15 OT prophecy; Matthew 28:2-7, Acts 2:22-32 NT fulfillment
After Jesus was crucified, Joseph of Arimathea had Christ's body placed in a tomb he owned. A large stone was placed in the entrance way and soldiers were place there to guard the sealed tomb. On the third day, a Sunday, when several women (Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, Joanna and Salome) went to the tomb at dawn to anoint the body of Jesus, they found the tomb empty.
An angel from heaven rolled back the stone and the guards shook in fear as the angel, dressed in bright white, sat upon the stone. The angel announced to the women that Jesus who was crucified was no longer in the tomb, “He is risen,” just as he said. He instructed the women to inspect the tomb to see for themselves and then told them to go inform the disciples.
With a mixture of fear and joy they ran to obey the angel's command, but suddenly Jesus met them on their way. They fell at his feet and worshiped him. Jesus then said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee . There they will see me."
Thought to ponder: If you believe Christ is risen, do you go and inform others? Jesus is telling us today, “Do not be afraid, go tell…!”
Almighty God, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob! Thank you for another day. Thank you for your love towards me and the precious gift of your Son. I am grateful for the sacrifice He made for me and the victory He won over death and the grave. I know your Son is alive and because He lives, I can live eternally also. I promise, this day, to tell everyone I meet, Jesus is risen, He is alive! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
 
Crucified for us,
Jerri of Mars