Our meditation for Thursday, April 5, 2012
Jesus: Buried with the Rich
 
Isaiah 53:9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth.” NIV
 
Matthew 27:57 “As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus… he asked for Jesus' body…”  NIV
 
Read:  Isaiah 53:8, 9 OT prophecy; Matthew 27: 57-60 NT fulfillment
The prophet states “They appointed Him His grave with the wicked,” since He was crucified two thieves, then He should have His grave "with the wicked."   Denied His kingly honor, He would also be denied a honorable burial.  The prophet declares He would be buried with the rich when He was dead.  God purposed to honor Him in by appointing Him to be "with the rich in His death, because He had done no violence (wrong)."   Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus, two rich men, honored Him at His death.
 
Thought to ponder:  Isn’t it amazing how we wait until people are dead before we honor them?  Take a moment to honor someone special in your life today by praying for them and let them know just how much they mean to you.  
God, my Father!  I take this time to tell you “thank you” for all you have done and continue to do in my life.  Thank you for loving me so much, that you sent your Son to redeem me and thank you for _(fill in name)  , for allowing  (him/her/them) to be in my life.  I take this time to pray for (him/her/them) and I ask you to bless them indeed.  I pray for (him/her/them) that they prosper and be in good health, as their soul prospers. Please give me the opportunity to tell them how much I love and appreciate them for all they do.  This I ask in Jesus’ name, Amen!
I honor you all please leave a comment or email me one, your opinion is very important.
 
Still waiting on a word from God,
Jerri of Mars