Pageviews last month

Monday, April 2, 2012

Scripture Meditation for today


Good day Mars,

Our meditation for Monday, April 2, 2012 
Jesus: Covered in Darkness  

Amos 8:9 “And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:” NKJV  

Matthew 27:45 “From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.” NIV

Read:  Amos 8:9 OT prophecy; Matthew 27:45, Luke 23:45 NT fulfillment
"Darkness" made to rise "at noon" is the emblem of great calamities.  Although in the day of the prophet Amos, the darkness was a result of an eclipse, it is not the cause of darkness on the day of Jesus’ crucifixion.  The crucifixion occurred during the time of the Passover, which was celebrated at the time of the full moon.  Luke states (Luke 23:45), "the sun stopped shining," caused only by the interposing power of God.  This was a proper backdrop as the Son of God expired and gave proper testimony to the Redeemer of men. 

Thought to ponder: Darkness is blackest in contrast with the brightest light, just as sorrow is saddest, when compared to explicit joy.  We cannot fully appreciate the light of day until we have experienced darkness! 

Almighty God, Father and Creator of all things, once more I say “thank you” for this day.  Thank you for allowing me to know the ‘Son’ shines brightest in the midst of my darkness. I thank you for every dark hour, because I know it your opportunity to show yourself mighty in my life.  Thank you, when darkness covered the land, Your Son was swallowing death in victory! Thank you, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen!

God bless you all...
Jerri of Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment

The new blog for the week.