Pageviews last month

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good day Mars,

Our meditation for Saturday, April 7, 2012
Jesus: Exercise His Priestly Office
Zechariah 6:13 “It is he who will build the temple of the LORD, and he will be clothed with majesty and will sit and rule on his throne. And he will be a priest on his throne. And there will be harmony between the two.” NIV
 
Hebrews 7:25, 26 “Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. 26 Such a high priest meets our need--one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.” NIV
 
Read: Zechariah 6:13 OT prophecy; Hebrews 7:25-8:2, Romans 8:34 NT fulfillment
Zechariah 6:13
It was foretold by the prophets, the Messiah will wear the insignia of the kingly glory and He himself shall bear the glory. He will sit and rule upon His throne as the King forever. Jesus is the Lamb of God, slain from the foundation of the world, with an everlasting priesthood. Jesus is the High priest who sits at the right hand of the Father, continually interceding on our behalf. In virtue of this, all who were saved, are saved, and will be saved, are saved through Him. He is and will forever be the High Priest, the Sacrifice, Intercessor, and Mediator for all who will receive Him as Lord and Savior.
Thought to ponder: Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father interceding on our behalf. He takes our cares to the Father and sifts through our idle prayers, taking what is needful to God. He pleads our case before the Father, asking Him still, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do!” Isn’t that good news?
God our Father, Jesus our Redeemer, Holy Spirit our comforter, Thank you for guiding us through these 40 days of Lent. It is only by your grace and through your mercy we were able to reach this point. I bless you for revealing who Your Son is and the sacrifice He made for me. Please help me to not attach myself to those things you released, delivered me of during this Lenten season. And help me continue to seek Your Son in order to know Him more. It is my desire to know Him even more intimately than I do, so I will know His voice when I hear it. I need Him to lead and guide me daily, so I can one day hear you say,“This is my child, in who I am well pleased!” This I ask in Jesus’ name, AMEN!
 
Sunday He go up!
Jerri of Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment

The new blog for the week.